The Cloud Hosted Router (CHR) license is designed for installation in a virtual environment (VMWare, Hyper-V, VirtualBox, KVM and others). The P1 license has a speed limit of 1 Gbit for uploading to the interface and the lossy parameters are based on the L4 license.
- Host CPU: 64-bit with virtualization support
- RAM: 128MB or more
- Disk: 128MB disk space for the CHR virtual hard drive (Max: 16GB)
- Package version: RouterOS v6.34 or newer
CHR has been tested on the following platforms
- VirtualBox 5 on Linux and OS X
- VMWare Fusion 7 and 8 on OS X
- VMWare ESXi 6.5
- Qemu 220.127.116.11 on OS X
- Hyper-V on Windows Server 2008r2, 2012 and Windows 10 (Only Generation 1 Hyper-V virtual machine is supported at the moment)
- Xen Project 4.6.5
- Xen Server 7.1
Available for installation
For the latest version of the download, visit mikrotik.com.
- RAW disk image (.img file)
- VMWare disk image (.vmdk file)
- Hyper-V disk image (.vhdx file)
- VirtualBox disk image (.vdi file)
How to Install CHR
- Download virtual disk image for your hypervisor
- Create a guest virtual machine
- Use previously downloaded image file as a virtual disk drive
- Start the guest CHR virtual machine
- Log in to your new CHR. Default user is 'admin', without password
- To activate the license it is necessary to have an account with MikroTik. You can create one for free at www.mikrotik.com
- After purchasing the license on our website, you need to send the login name of your MikroTik registration and the invoice number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will transfer the license to your MikroTik account
- Activation is done by logging MikroTik to your account (System -> License menu)
Detailed instructions can be found on the official website at http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:CHR.
Important information and cautions
No software included. Delivery of the purchased product consists in transferring the relevant license to MikroTik account specified by the buyer. The software and its subsequent installation is carried out by the buyer by downloading from the MikroTik website. Licenses are transferred only after payment.
If the System ID license is generated in a garbled/mismatched format, neither the shape change nor the license can be revoked. Similarly, in case of intermediation of the incorrect name of the customer MikroTik account - the already realized transfer of the license is irreversible! You need to buy a new license!
Contractual deadline for activation
Activation is usually done within 24 hours on working days, the maximum duration of activation is set at 72 working hours. Entitlement to activate must be exercised within 12 months of the date of purchase.